Everytime you go away

you take a piece of me with you

夜的诗人

#09

Thursday, January 18, 2007

瓶颈

I have reached a plateau in all aspects of my life. In Chinese, we will say, 我遇到了人生的一个瓶颈. Not too confident if I am correct about the translation though. Can someone give me some comments about it?

Obviously, I am still stuck with my FYP. Every small progress becomes very elating, but when reality sets in again, it is hardly any comforting anymore. This FYP is really, 难产. Although I am not going to let it 胎死腹中, but the completion and the grading, is going to bear heavily on the graces and kindness people are willing to give.

I squeezed out some time for a walkabout shoot in Tiong Bahru, finally, on the last sunny day last year. The walk up units are still very beautiful, the eateries are very 80s, but I couldn't get any mood to take photos. The 3 or 4 digicam shots didn't make it back to the pc. I didn't even rip the film box apart.

Tried to improve my swimming lap counts, but I still gave up at the same number. Tried the front crawl, but I can't grasp the right technique ... then it became crappily tiring.

Then of course there are the usual things that I want to but I can't do. Then I feel very 压抑. The fishing trip is still not feasible, I am not going to take my advanced diving, I don't have time to learn 2A. There also things which I wanna change and upgrade, all of which will need money. And I don't have much of it.

Read on Sunday's zbNow 著名作词人,姚谦,said that 恋爱前后的人创作力强,因为“刚开始或结束恋爱的人都是诗人,感触都很深。” Maybe that's partly why my life has been so uninspiring. And writing on this blog is painfully slow.

In fact, I am not sure if I want to write anymore. I do not know why am I writing. For whom am I writing it for? What value does it hold for me?

taxi taker at 9:12 PM

1comments

1 Comments

at 7:41 AM Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bayde, dont feel discouraged. There are always people out there reading your blog. As I have said previously, your blog is one of those more thought provoking. Though i only read like 2 blogs. haha. I think the direct translation of your blog title is "bottle neck", no? I think this is the quarter life crisis people at our age is facing now. Good news is everyone around us have this problem. Bad news is no one seems to have a clear solution to the problem. haha...

 

Post a Comment