Everytime you go away

you take a piece of me with you

夜的诗人

#09

Thursday, March 15, 2007

红眼症

I had got quite a bit to say, but they all went blank the minute I opened this 'New Posts' page.

But I do apologize to the few loyal readers out there who still reads this blog and (probably) anticipating for the new posts. I'm sorry, I had been busy. Well, you guys should know, I am writing again because I have many real things that I gotta do, but I do not want to.

"犯贱之徒"

Alright, some of the thoughts are coming back. Money, commitments .... Here they go;

Have been thinking abt life after uni. The monies issue are really bothering me. Firstly would be my starting pay and the increments. Followed by me wondering of how do the real average Singaporeans cope with their pay.

My starting pay would be amongst the 'above average' range of the whole batch of cohort. By right I should have nothing to complain. I slogged 4 years of my life; I have had 5 and 6 day weeks for all 8 semesters, clocking at least 18 to 21 hours of lectures/tutorials/lab weekly, and had hellish lab assignments, I obviously DESERVE a better pay. Some more the training I got is in demand, so please, don't complain ok?

I just super buay tahan that an unproven uni's graduates who had it seemingly easy would be getting at least 1.5k sgd more than the most I can get, monthly. Some super lucky ones would be getting 10K sgd per month! Fresh grad! Their training is not even technical in nature! Someone who just can talk crap or come up with fancy stuff! Come on ... you stupid employers are over paying someone who struggle to be analytical and yet perfect in anallyretentive-acting. I can't stand it! I hope that industry of theirs will take a sharp downturn and these fresh grads will be sacked and they can only get a job that will befits them but at the same time, make them feel insulted. Don't get so smug ok.

Ok, I admit. I am just being 心理不平衡, sour grapes all that sort. I just can't stand it!

So the Ah Q in me decided to look away from the starting pay issue and absorb myself in self-fulfillment thinkings. Then I remembered that I still wanna backpack around the whole of Europe, and that will cost me around 20 to 30K SGD for a 3 month trip, I reckon (at least). In a conversation with KT and then later with Ede, I said I might be able to save 500bucks per month to this cause. Even so, it will take me 3 years and yet not hit my min target of 20K. I would be almost reaching 30 years old le leh like dat. If I got 'commitment' liaoz, how to go? I would also still need to pay off my study loan, probably pay for my sis' school fees, stay alive, pay tax, contribute to cpf, give my parents money ... etc So much so that I even began to doubt that I am even able to save 500bucks per month. There is absolutely no way that I could own a car.

Then I realized, there's hellalot of Sgreans who are filthy rich. I really wonder how could undergrads afford to drive if their laopeh laobu are not paying for the car. If their laopeh laobu can spare a car for their kids to drive, then their income confirm more than 5 digit liaoz ... I can't imagine that. My dad worked all his life, obtained diploma after diplomas and certs after certs and kept us all alive, with a roof of our own. Yet his pay at his previous job was still less than double of my possible starting pay.

Ede's right, you wouldn't get rich by working.
Or you can hope for a 10k starting pay. Kao!

By the way I've gotten contact lens. And my eyes get red everytime I take them off.

taxi taker at 11:10 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment