Everytime you go away

you take a piece of me with you

夜的诗人

#09

Wednesday, June 06, 2007

What do you live for?

It's been something I've been pondering about with no easy answer.

I also discover that, the same question can be rephrased as;
  1. What is the meaning of life?
  2. What are your life's goals?


It is also then I realised that I couldn't see too far or ever be sure of who/what/where I'd be in the future.

So I thought that my short term goal, is to save enough money to go travel Europe by the time I am 30 years old. But then what's after that? What's the motivation for you/me to keep on breathing? 难道我们都是吃饱了撑着而已吗?

And then I thought of the old aunties cleaning up dishes at the foodcourts. What do they look forward to in life?

I look around and then I observe the on goings of the regulars in the army. Some of them are really 混-ing a living ... it's like ... I don't see any ambition or what in them. Maybe it's their age, or maybe it's their resignation to fate and recognition of their own capabilities. So if work-career achievements are not on top of their priority, what else is? Staying alive? Seeing their children grow up?

So what do I want in life? To live comfortably in old age (by living precariously now)? What if it ends prematurely?

"Why spend money on what is not bread,
and your labor on what does not satisfy? " - Isaiah 55:2

Dying is still scary, isn't it? People become deeply religious on the brink of death. Since we all are going to die anyway, why only be religious at the very last bit?

taxi taker at 8:33 PM

0comments

0 Comments

Post a Comment